How can I compare results?
There can be many reasons for wanting to compare results from KonSULT's Measure Option Generators. For example, you may wish:
- to see whether the measures which are suggested for one context (e.g. the city centre) are still appropriate for another (e.g. a district centre)
- to assess sensitivity of the ordered list of measures to changes in objectives or their relative importance
- to assess sensitivity to changes in the selected strategy
- to compare the effects of packaging for synergy and for barrier reduction
- to eliminate measures which you already have in place from further consideration
- to assess sensitivity of the ordered list of measures to the omission of a highly rated measure which is for some reason unacceptable.
All of these comparisons can be made by simply running the Measure Option Generator again. Assessments 1-3 in the above list simply require a change in the specification of the context. Assessment 4 requires a change in the packaging method selected. Assessments 5 and 6 involve omitting the measures of concern when starting the process of generating complementary measures or packages. All of these are explained more fully in How to use the Measure Option Generator.
Each output can be saved for further analysis by clicking on Save Output. The different lists can then be compared to see which measures or packages are listed first, what order they appear in, and how similar or different their scores are within a given list. However, it is unwise to compare scores between the lists, since they will have been generated in different ways. For further information on the interpretation of scores, see What do the scores mean?